POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bad operands : Re: Bad operands Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad operands
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 May 2010 11:09:37
Message: <4bf6a231$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> schreef in bericht
> Unless you really badly need the gamma-correction macro for a current
> project, you may want to wait for the next beta anyway, which will
> probably make you want to ditch your macros anyway.
>
> I mean, who'll want to use macros when you can just write
>
>   pigment { color rgb <0.2,0.4,0.7> gamma 2.2 }
>
> ;-)

Of course, that would be much more sensible, but inthe mean time, and since
a few betas now, I have used the macros quite happily (except for that
stupid thing I posted about). However, with the next beta, of course I shall
be pleased to ditch my macros :-)  . My workaround is an intermediate stage,
with some extra work to do but which "keeps me from the street" (as they say
here).

Thomas