POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: scott
Date: 21 May 2010 06:06:05
Message: <4bf65b0d$1@news.povray.org>
>> I was going to suggest he learnt about transistor basics (including the
>> analogue analysis of simple transistor circuits) before embarking on a
>> project using them - but you said it much better than I could :-)
>
> The entire reason I find digital circuits interesting is that it avoids
> the bewildering complexities of analogue design. ;-)

Sure, but you should least have a basic understanding of the properties and
characteristics of the transistors that you are using.  And especially if
you are trying to wire up LEDs you should also get a basic understanding of
simple LED circuits, ditto for switches and inputs.  It's not that hard and
will make your life much easier when you start wiring up actual logic chips
to do useful things.