POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust : Re: Prehistoric dust Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prehistoric dust
From: Darren New
Date: 20 May 2010 21:12:23
Message: <4bf5ddf7$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 05/19/10 09:51, Darren New wrote:
>> scott wrote:
>>> separate words for 10e9 and 10e12, so there is no such confusion.
>> And chinese uses steps of 10e5 or so, rather than 10e3.  My wife always
>
> 	Wow. Another one. I wonder how long this has been going on without
> people noticing.
>
> 	I recently bugged a guy at work for doing this.

Heh. It's rather confusing to *me* when she starts talking about "there was
at first a hundred thousand people, then a thousand thousand people!" and
similar convolutions. We don't have a word for ten thousand as such, or I'm
sure it would get even more confusing instead of just a pause while the
translation goes on.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid