POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 May 2010 14:45:54
Message: <4bf431e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/19/2010 12:22 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Thank god I don't have to deal with anything analogue yet! ;-)

I spent hours trying to figure out why an op-amp wouldn't give me the
output I was expecting. It finally clicked when I read the warning on
the data sheet that pulling an input within 0.5v of V- would cause it to
latch-up and force the output to near V+ no matter the state of the
inputs. I went through a few chips thinking they were defective.... or
that I toasted one (got V+ and V- reversed, which is apparently bad for
op-amps...)

--
~Mike