POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Scaled preview window looks horrible : Re: Scaled preview window looks horrible Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scaled preview window looks horrible
From: clipka
Date: 19 May 2010 14:02:44
Message: <4bf427c4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.05.2010 16:24, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 05/19/2010 11:08 AM, scott wrote:
>> If you render an image bigger than your screen size and set the preview
>> window to maximised, it uses some really ugly scaling algorithm to fit
>> the rendered image in the window.  Could something better be used?
>>
> hmmmm ... could be totally off base here, but isn't that a function of
> the window manager you're using and not povray?

I'd be surprised if that was the case even with X Window programs (where
the concept of a window manager does exist), let alone MS Windows (where
there is no such thing as a "window manager" except for the basic
functionality supplied by the OS and whatever GUI framework the app
happens to be using.

Notmally, I'd expect a window manager to add some scroll bars at best,
leaving it up to the application to adjust the window contents to a
changed window size.

Though POV-Ray presently does indeed use some Windows GDI API functions
to scale the image if necessary.