POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A sad day : Re: A sad day Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A sad day
From: Darren New
Date: 19 May 2010 12:55:00
Message: <4bf417e4$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> There was an announcement a few days ago that Microsoft was also shutting
> their newsgroups down (though I read somewhere that it was only a "sort
> of" shutdown, not really a full shutdown).

Yeah, it's all "help yourself" web services nowadays. Even their online
documentation has the "community input" sections at the bottom like the PHP
documentation had for a long time.

What's the point of buying proprietary software if you have to document it
yourself, or experiment with it to figure out how it works even in normal
cases?  Sheesh.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid