POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: clipka
Date: 19 May 2010 11:31:19
Message: <4bf40447@news.povray.org>
Am 19.05.2010 16:04, schrieb Invisible:

> Most of the books I've seen only cover the 7400, 7401, 7402, etc., and
> don't mention things like the 741G00. Could be useful to know. (Except
> that Maplin don't seem to sell this stuff... *sigh*)

AFAIK they usually come in SMD packages only - which in turn means
they'll usually be sold in bulk. And anyway - why would you buy, say,
one 74x1G00 NAND and one 74x1G32 OR gate when you can get a 74x00 4xNAND
IC for the same (or even lower) price, and wire up three of the gates to
simulate the OR gate? (The 74x265 is also a neat beast - with its two
(N)AND gates and two inverters/drivers it's an ideal candidate to
simulate quite a wide variety of 2-gate combos you can imagine).

I guess the single-gate ICs are mainly targeted at applications where
space, routing, speed or EMI constraints are serious enough to forbid
sharing the gates of a single multi-gate IC among different sections of
the circuitry.