POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amazonas : Re: Amazonas Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:47:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazonas
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 May 2010 03:21:51
Message: <4bf3918f$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> schreef in bericht
>   Indeed you could use this technique for that... it's very easy,
> specially
> if you are already using a heighfield for the ground. Make a copy of the
> grayscale map, and paint black the zones where you don't want grass, and
> white for the rest. Then declare a pigment function of it:

...and using red, green, and/or blue you can add even more distribution
possibilities; or using the greyscale intensity of course. As this, in the
end, may need much parse time, it is efficient to save the values (position,
distribution type, etc) to file and read them separately. I used that
technique for the vegetation of my TC-RTC entries:
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index118.html and
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index153.html

Thomas