POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amazonas : Re: Amazonas Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:41:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazonas
From: nemesis
Date: 18 May 2010 19:02:03
Message: <4bf31c6b$1@news.povray.org>
 > nemesis wrote:
 > > I agree, but perhaps it's because they were a bit further away?  Also,
 > > in the original there seems there were a few palm trees scattered.
 >
 > Indeed. The bits of details give the reality. :-)

Sometimes it doesn't even need so much detail.  Here's something I
hacked away today in Blender inspired by Jaime.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1628561#post1628561

no leafs, just some blob-like object with some "cloud bump mapping" on...

hope Sam gets inspired too... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9