POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Darren New
Date: 18 May 2010 17:03:21
Message: <4bf30099$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> In the UK everyone has almost one and a quarter mobile phones each (2008).
> South Korea - 97.24%     2009
> United States - 91.0%     Dec. 2009

Exactly. And that's *mobile* phones. The US still has 90%+ penetration of
land lines *also*. It's not uncommon for a family of four to have 10 phone
numbers dedicated to their use. That's why I say the PSTN is way bigger than
the internet, because (A) that's not even counting addresses assigned to
switches, which IP has to count, and (B) not even counting commercial phone
numbers, fax lines, pagers, phone numbers assigned to modems, etc.

I'm not even sure if VOIP and cable telephone counts as part of the PSTN.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid