POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad : Re: iPad Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPad
From: Darren New
Date: 18 May 2010 12:54:52
Message: <4bf2c65c@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   But the point is that you could write your document during a 10-hour
> flight and then print it out when you get home...

Oh, OK.

> (A laptop won't do,
> unless the airplane offers a wall socket you can use to recharge the
> battery.)

They actually usually do, at least if you get out of coach.

Or you lug multiple batteries. :-)

>   No, it's not the best way of writing documents, but it's theoretically
> possible.

Or I could take a pencil. ;-)

>   I was thinking about an automated system, where you install the word
> processor on the iPad and a printing program on the PC, so you can print
> by pressing a button on the iPad. Contrived, but possible. :)

I suppose it *could* be made easier, yes.

>> And it's certainly not the kind of thing that someone who doesn't even want
>> a Mac is going to code, is my point.
>
>   I didn't understand that.

I was being mildly sarcastic, implying that the author of the program would
also be the same user who finds a Mac intimidating and hard to use.

>> Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing XNA disallows.  I don't think
>> Microsoft wants an XBoxBotNet.
>
>   Not supporting online highscores is a big minus for game developers.

Understand that XNA is the free indy development system. Of course the xbox
supports all that stuff if you sign up with Microsoft and do the legal
paperwork.

I think the latest version has achievements and leaderboards, tho. I haven't
downloaded it, but the online docs included classes with suggestive names.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid