POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, here are my blog postings on building a CPU : Re: So, here are my blog postings on building a CPU Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, here are my blog postings on building a CPU
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 17 May 2010 17:00:56
Message: <4bf1ae88$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/17/2010 1:59 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> I'll try to keep things current. Still designing the thing.
>
> Oh, but that's the hardest part. Once you have the finished design,
> merely putting a few wires together is *easy* by comparison! ;-)
>
> (Of course, _this_ is the stage where you discover that real electronic
> components don't work like in the simulator, and so your design doesn't
> work right anyway...)
>
> I must say, this is like the coolest thing *ever*! :-D Almost makes me
> want to try again. But I don't have any decent diagramming or simulation
> tools, and I don't think my GUI skills are up to the task of creating some.

Here's the sim I'm using:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/circuit/

It's actually a pretty decent app. written in Java, seems up to handling
some pretty complex things. It has a few UI quirks, and has a major
drawback in that you cannot add bi-directional pins to the circuits,
which is a bit annoying when you're designing something that has a data
bus that is mean to be read from and written to.

--
~Mike