POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Darren New
Date: 17 May 2010 13:19:10
Message: <4bf17a8e$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> My point is that ISDN is a point-to-point system, so it doesn't have a
> concept of network addresses.

WTF?  What are you smoking?  And can I have some?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISDN

> Having a global network without addresses doesn't really work.

You *have* heard of phone numbers, haven't you?

> And that's kind of my point: All the other network systems were designed
> for networks that are "small", where it's feasible to keep track of all
> the addresses by hand. None of them really supported having several
> networks connected together, managed independently.

So, when you make a phone call to someone in the USA, you think there's one
group of people managing the undersea cable, the wire going into your
building, and the cell phone towers talking to the cell phone in the USA?

When you see a phone number that starts +1 or +43 or something like that,
what do you think that means?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid