POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Darren New
Date: 17 May 2010 13:12:23
Message: <4bf178f7$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Small relative to the size of the Internet, sure.  Small relative to the
> size of a given network, maybe not so much.

I meant small physically. Rarely does a broadcast network extend over more
than (say) one building. Not if you're talking about a 2-way broadcast.

Maybe cable IP systems? I don't know how they work on the cable, whether
it's closer to TDMA or closer to CDMA or what. Clearly it's not isochronous,
so you get the bandwidth you ask for if it's available. Thinking on it, I'm
guessing at least the cable network for the local neighborhood is probably
one big broadcast tree, so yea, bigger than I was thinking.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid