POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad : Re: iPad Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPad
From: Warp
Date: 16 May 2010 05:11:37
Message: <4befb6c9@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:

> >   The iPad is not being marketed as a laptop. Why are you expecting it to be?

> To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the iPad *is*
> being marketed as. What's it supposed to *do*??

  You can play iPhone and iPad games with it, so it's a gaming platform.
There are also tons and tons of other applications for the iPhone, and in
the near future iPad-specific apps. You can also browse the WWW, read
your email, etc. You can buy and read ebooks, as well as iTunes music and
movies.

  You can do all of those things (well, except for the ebooks) in an
iPhone/iPod Touch as well, but the iPad has a larger screen and larger
resolution, so things like browsing the WWW and watching movies are much
more comfortable.

  So it's a multimedia platform.

--
                                                          - Warp