POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2010 11:51:34
Message: <4beec306$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Last time I checked, ISDN is point-to-point only
>>
>> So is TCP.  It's connection-oriented, except for the D-channel, which
>> is datagram oriented.
>
> My point being, ISDN lets you put a cable between two nodes. If you want
> to talk to a different node, you have to plug in a different cable.

So there's only one possible ISP you can use over ISDN? There's only one
person you can call on ISDN?

Since one of the nodes on the cable is a switch connected to a world-wide
network, I don't really see your point.  Every network that's just a wire
works this way. IP over CAT5 ethernet only lets you talk between two nodes,
and if you want to use a different node, you have to move a wire. That's why
there's such a concept as a default route.

>>> Yeah, exactly: They're assigned centrally.
>> Nope. They're assigned heirarchically. That's completely different.
> I don't see how...

Can't really help you with the english, there.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid