POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Invisible
Date: 14 May 2010 09:50:33
Message: <4bed5529$1@news.povray.org>
>> I also eat - well, not *fish* and chips, but usually pie and chips or
>> something. And no, it doesn't come wrapped in newspaper. That would be
>> some kind of hazard, given the toxicity of the inks used. (!)
>

> By pies, I assume you mean something like a meat pie, and not something
> like a fruit pie? (i.e. apple pie or cherry pie)

Chicken pie, yes. ;-)

Either that or a sausage...

> Was it ever the case that fish and chips were served in newspaper? Seems
> like that would at the very least cause an off taste.

Um... I have no idea. Obviously today it would be a major food hygene
violation, but I suppose it's plausible it used to happen once upon a time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips#Vendors

Suggests that it really was true. (And, as we all know, Wikipedia is
never wrong.)