POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help wanted for Loxodrome spiral formula : Re: Help wanted for Loxodrome spiral formula Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:01:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help wanted for Loxodrome spiral formula
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 May 2010 03:50:04
Message: <4bed00ac$1@news.povray.org>
Lightbeam a écrit :
> Hello, I need help to achieve a spiral ball, I found this script on google but
> it seems to have errors, can you help me do that sort of curve? Thank you.
> (http://www.gravitation3d.com/roice/povray/loxodrome.pov)

The script did render fine (on my linux/povray 3.7beta, may be you have
issue with LF vs CR+LF ?)
Rendered image seems coherent with

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SphericalSpiral.html

(at least, it looks very similar)

What kind of errors do you have ?
Do you want to see the image in p.b.i ?

--
Real software engineers work from 9 to 5, because that is
the way the job is described in the formal spec.  Working