POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 May 2010 15:16:42
Message: <4bec501a$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/13/2010 1:30 AM, andrel wrote:
> On 12-5-2010 23:13, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> On 5/11/2010 12:24 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> I don't know how you missed it.
>
> easy, we don't live there
>
>> We spent the entire fracking end of the Obama campaign, and most of
>> the time, up until about 4 months ago, listening to them whine about
>> Acorn, and blame them from just about everything from bad weather to
>> the oil spill, or at least try to use them as an "example" of the
>> stuff they where "fighting".
>

> I don't think this was reported apart from some of it during the
> campaign. I can only guess as to why not. One guess is that journalists
> here do not think it is important. A more likely guess is that it so
> much away from normal behaviour that they simply don't believe it. On
> this side of the ocean the journalists and networks are all independent
> from the government (except for italy). The idea that a broadcasting
> company would knowingly try to misinform people in order to destabilize
> the current government because that government is from another party is
> totally inconceivable (I think it is actually treason). There are a
> couple of people from the US that have repeatedly claimed that
> nonetheless that is what is happening. I cannot believe it.
Its been called treason, or close to that, by a few people here too.
And, hell yes its going on. Its one idiot running the entire network,
and hand picking right wingers, loud mouths, and clueless, but good
looking, rubes, who will either lie, distort, or just repeat, out of
shear ignorance, everything the people lying and distorting are saying.
The key here is, "Its not run by the government", so technically, since
their has been no direct connection made between government officials
and the loonies on the network, other than them siding with them, they
can't do much.

Basically though, you get similar insane bullshit in rag magazines, from
my understanding, in some places, including Britain. What differs here
is that its a major news network, being run by someone who should be
publishing rag magazines.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {