POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Output file name with a scene parameter : Re: Output file name with a scene parameter Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output file name with a scene parameter
From: clipka
Date: 13 May 2010 14:28:13
Message: <4bec44bd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.05.2010 19:29, schrieb Alex:

>> What you can do, however, is automatically generate a batch file or
>> shell script to rename the output file, by using the #fopen and #write
>> SDL statements.
>
> Really ? According to the help #fopen is only for text file :s
> Or the usage you give is not clear to me. Could you please develop your
> idea ?

Batch files and shell scripts /are/ "text files" in this sense; all you
need to do is choose a proper file extension (on Windows) or write a
proper "#!/bin/sh" line at the beginning to make the operating system
automatically recognize it as a script.

> I prefer not using external (to POVRay) batch file...

Then you're quite lost.

Note that there exist ini file options to specify a command to be run
after each frame or after the full render (or before, for that matter),
if it's a question of usability.