POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2010 13:57:49
Message: <4bec3d9d@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:26:17 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 13/05/2010 6:01 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I think that that was Mervyn King the Governor of the Bank of England.
>> Could be, that sounds familiar (I'd ask her, but she's off at a class
>> at the moment).
>>
> I looked it up. :-)

:-P

>> So there is a silver lining.:-)
>>

> Maybe, We had 18 years of Tories then 13 years of Tories (New Labour)
> and the Lib Dems turn out to be Tories now :-(

Hehehehe, well, point.  Though I think the Lib Dems probably are being
opportunistic on this (OK, no "probably" about it, they are).

> I'm not a happy bunny ATM

Well, sure, for the short term it sucks.  Time for a game of wobbling
bunnies. ;-)

>>I think the Lib Dems have played this quite well, 20
>> cabinet seats and a fair amount of deniability for policies the Tories
>> put in place.
>
> Yeah politicians, not a principle between them.

Absolutely.  Well, there's one principle:  Get re-elected.

>> But I know that many in Scotland are apoplectic over the coalition.
>> That can only help the SNP, right?  (I don't know enough about the SNP
>> to know if that's a good thing or not, but it*sounds*  like it is).
>>

> Tartan Tories!

LOL

> OK that is what they were 40 years ago but it still riles them. :-D

I'll have to keep that in mind, especially if/when we move to Edinburgh.
That'll help me wind my friend Tim up. ;-)

Jim