POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 13 May 2010 13:26:14
Message: <4bec3636$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/05/2010 6:01 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I think that that was Mervyn King the Governor of the Bank of England.
>> >  And your wife is correct about being out of power for a generation.
> Could be, that sounds familiar (I'd ask her, but she's off at a class at
> the moment).

I looked it up. :-)

> So there is a silver lining.:-)

Maybe, We had 18 years of Tories then 13 years of Tories (New Labour)
and the Lib Dems turn out to be Tories now :-(

I'm not a happy bunny ATM

>> >  The 1st Duke of Wellington and the 2nd Earl Grey will be turning in
>> >  their graves at the thought of the Whigs and Tories in coalition.
> Well, yeah - I found*that*  to be quite surprising, the Lib Dems and
> Labor are a much more natural pairing (though that didn't make for a
> majority either).

True.

>I think the Lib Dems have played this quite well, 20
> cabinet seats and a fair amount of deniability for policies the Tories
> put in place.

Yeah politicians, not a principle between them.

> But I know that many in Scotland are apoplectic over the coalition.  That
> can only help the SNP, right?  (I don't know enough about the SNP to know
> if that's a good thing or not, but it*sounds*  like it is).

Tartan Tories!

OK that is what they were 40 years ago but it still riles them. :-D

>> >  Especially if no one noticed.
> LOL, too true.

Oh! Yes :-D

--