POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laid Off After 21 Years! : Re: Laid Off After 21 Years! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laid Off After 21 Years!
From: DungBeatle
Date: 13 May 2010 13:04:35
Message: <4bec3123$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote in message
: My condolences too. I was made redundant about ten years ago and it
was
: the best thing that happened to me.
: Can you not go independent and work as a freelance developer?
: Best Regards,
: Stephen

That's what I'm working on now. I have a lead on a two-month job that
should make up the difference. Then after that? Who knows... It's all
very depressing. No one told me there was even a remote chance that I
was to be laid off. I arrived at work and my keys wouldn't work! All
my servers had been turned off, I'm not even sure if they did it
gracefully. It's as if they didn't trust me? After 21 years of
handling very sensitive data without ever a compromise. Never lost a
byte of data since 1993 when I took over this responsibility.

But yes, I will probably go freelance... I was planning to retire
though, so this really screws up everything!

~db