POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laid Off After 21 Years! : Re: Laid Off After 21 Years! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laid Off After 21 Years!
From: DungBeatle
Date: 13 May 2010 12:57:58
Message: <4bec2f96$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
news:4BE### [at] gmailcom...
: On 13-5-2010 17:27, DungBeatle wrote:
: > They force me to retire, but I can't do it for 2 more years or
suffer
: > a $20k penalty... Ouch!
:
: I don't understand that. Is that an anti-competition thing that you
can
: not work for 2 years in the same line of work after you left? Or
: something to do with your pension?

I can't retire for another 2 years because my retirement plan only
allows me to take my pension without penalty at 59.5 years old. I'm
just turning 57 this year... So they want 20% to allow me to retire
today!

~db