POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Warp
Date: 13 May 2010 09:45:37
Message: <4bec0280@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> >   You are confusing standards with monopolies.

> Right. My point was that if companies are just left to their own
> devices, they will all invent and deploy incompatible technologies.

  Still has nothing to do with monopolies, and everything to do with
standards.

  Sometimes standards are imposed by the government in order to make
everything work more smoothly. Sometimes adhering to an existing standard
(either an official one or a de-facto one) is simply economically more
viable than breaking it.

  Still nothing to with monopolies.

--
                                                          - Warp