POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw : Re: The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Babbage Flaw
From: Invisible
Date: 13 May 2010 05:55:55
Message: <4bebccab$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> My point being that other companies work by making a product that is
>> good enough that people will want to buy it. Microsoft works by
>> preventing anybody else making anything better.
>
> LOL, have you seen the number of patents and lawsuits between Nokia and
> Apple, or Ford and GM, or ... and ...?  It's part of business, MS is not
> unique in trying to prevent its competitors making anything better using
> all means possible.  You'd go out of business pretty quick if you didn't
> (because your competitors are sure as hell going to use those methods on
> you).

Last time I checked, people buy Nokia phones because they're better
designed than the competition. That's how it's supposed to work.

Nobody buys MS because they like it. They buy MS because there's nothing
else on offer.

Still, there's nothing that anybody can do about it, so I guess we're
just stuck with them forever now.