POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google search : Re: Google search Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google search
From: scott
Date: 13 May 2010 02:52:11
Message: <4beba19b$1@news.povray.org>
> Sounds like Bellcore. The company owned by its competition, none of whom
> were allowed to talk to each other.

Once, through a contact of a contact, I was able to get hold of some
mechanical drawing I needed.  This was nothing confidential, the product was
already released and anyone in the public could just buy whatever it was in
and measure it.  Anyway, they would only hand over a *paper* version to my
contact, and my contact had strict instructions to only show this to me
under his supervision and then shred it!  This was totally WTF I couldn't
believe what was happening.