POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 May 2010 17:13:33
Message: <4beb19fd@news.povray.org>
On 5/11/2010 12:24 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> ...that's actually kinda scary.
>>>
>> Oh, yes.. And again with Acorn.. An organization cleared of *any*
>> wrong doing, which got defunded and closed its doors as a result of
>> maleficence, misinformation, and false accusations, by some ass that
>> faked ***all*** of the evidence he claimed he had against them. Yeah..
>> So, lets see the transparency of the people that backed *him* while he
>> did it.
>
> I have no idea what you're talking about. I get the feeling I might
> actually be better off that way. o_O

lol

Short version is that Acorn *was* a group that helped various poor, or
small business, but they where also Liberals, and helped out in signing
people up for elections. They **self reported** some irregularities in a
few of those sign ups, as per law. I.e., they did the right thing. The
GOP used them as a whipping boy, blamed them for just about everything
from Obama being elected, to illegal... whatever it was, since they
never seemed to have anything precise, other than being damn liberals.
Some dipshit dressed up as a pimp (and who claims to be on the forefront
of the "new journalism) later went in, and tried to get them to "help
him", with his "small business".

Only:

1. After they had already closed doors, lost all funding and went out of
business, it was determined that other than a few minor, and not
uncommon, mistakes, they never did **anything** intentionally illegal,
or even barely more than perhaps, unintentionally irregular.

2. It was determined, when someone *finally* got the original footage
from the pimp guy, that he had filmed his leaving and entering in the
pimp get up, along with two women, but then pasted that to the start and
end of the final tape. He ***actually*** entered the offices *without*
the women, and dressed in a conservative, perfectly normal, business
suit. They told him to leave several times during his "interview", and
finally threatened to call the cops on him if he didn't. This was,
again, edited out, in order to make it seem like they *knew* he was
running a prostitution ring and where going to help him with his
"business" anyway.

I don't know how you missed it. We spent the entire fracking end of the
Obama campaign, and most of the time, up until about 4 months ago,
listening to them whine about Acorn, and blame them from just about
everything from bad weather to the oil spill, or at least try to use
them as an "example" of the stuff they where "fighting". As usual
though, they where tilting at windmills, and/or burning people at the
stake over the political equivalent of demon possession, or
transgression with the "devil!", while the rest of us tried to figure
out what the hell the actual problem was, and why they were ignoring 50
thousands other people, to pick on some two bit company that helped
people plan business decisions, or what ever the hell it was they
actually did.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {