POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google search : Re: Google search Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google search
From: Invisible
Date: 12 May 2010 07:20:09
Message: <4bea8ee9$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Other favourites are spending a day designing something when someone
> else has already done it

Sounds like either poor communication, or somebody with too much time on
their hands.

> designing something from scratch because you
> don't know how to use the software well enough to modify an existing
> design

That's the kind of thing I'd do.

> or designing something when you know the spec isn't fixed, then
> when the spec is fixed saying you don't have enough time to change the
> design...

I suppose some people might argue that's a necessary evil when the
customer can't make up their mind what they want and yet demand that it
arrives on time. But I don't know.

> It's all fun and games here :-)

And I thought it was only my screwy company that does stuff like this...

Ooo, how about this one: Designing something when you have no spec at
all, and then writing a spec to match the thing you just designed. You
guys ever do that one?