POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Retro AI : Re: Retro AI Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retro AI
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 11 May 2010 22:59:49
Message: <4bea19a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/05/2010 3:17 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Paul Fuller wrote:
>>
>>> So it *is* the matchboxes that learn.
>>
>> More exactly, it's the algorithm for changing the contents of the
>> matchboxes that learns. Not the matchboxes themselves.
>
> No, because the algorithm is the same at the start of each game. The
> algorithm *teaches*. The matchboxes *learn."

I'm getting the impression that 'Invisible' is a large pile of match
boxes filled with random numbers of beans.  Every now and then he/it
makes an interesting observation followed by often incorrect statements.

We are gradually teaching he/it about the Universe.

One day true match box intelligence will rise up.  I expect it to be
speaking Haskell.