POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Round One : Re: Round One Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round One
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 11 May 2010 20:35:27
Message: <4be9f7cf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Are you the same person you were as a baby?

Nope.

> If so, does that mean you are the only person you could possibly have been?

Nope.

> If not, when did you become who you are?

When I, or others, made the choices that they did in ways that affect
me. Possibly, they, or I, could have made other choices. That would have
required other information* at the time.

In essence, I am the person I am right at this instant because of the
sum of instances before. The difference between this instant and the
next might be very subtle but, like any chaotic system, those subtle
shifts add up.

*information in the vague relativistic sense.