POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 May 2010 15:37:13
Message: <4be9b1e9$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> Still more complicated than my own 1984 design. ;)

Anybody else attempted this crazy task?

> If you do it to give you new insights into how to make a CPU than that
> might qualify you as a scientist. The border is vague, possibly
> something along the line of how deep the insight is, how many people
> already know it (if nobody than you are definitely in) and if you are
> able to pass on that knowledge. If you are paid to do so that also
> helps, but you aren't.

Depends on your definitions. I would say that anybody who follows the
scientific method is a scientist, regardless of whether what they
discover is actually new. But then, if you mean a *professional*
scientist, or even a *reputable* one, that's another matter... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/