POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wings and DirectX, again : Wings and DirectX, again Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Wings and DirectX, again
From: Darren New
Date: 11 May 2010 00:14:56
Message: <4be8d9c0$1@news.povray.org>
It turns out I celebrated too soon.

I got Wings to export a textured cube that I could import into a DirectX
program (via XNA).  Worked great.

However, as soon as I make anything more complicated, like a "T" shape, I
find that some of the faces behave like they're wound in the wrong
direction, with the normal pointing into the object instead of outwards.
It's correct in Wings, just not when being drawn.

Has anyone here been playing with this?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid