POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Round One : Re: Round One Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round One
From: somebody
Date: 10 May 2010 21:27:31
Message: <4be8b283@news.povray.org>
news:4be8773c$1@news.povray.org...

> Are you the same person you were as a baby?  If so, does that mean you are
> the only person you could possibly have been?  If not, when did you become
> who you are?

The answer is always "just a moment ago".

But, are we justified in expecting "sameness" to even be transitive? Look a
white sheet of paper and at one that's imperceptibly darker. They will
presumably trigger the same neurological response. Then switch the pure
white with one that's imperceptibly darker than the darker one, and repeat
until you end up with black. Does this mean a white sheet triggers the same
reponse as a black one, or that they are operationally the "same"?