POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 May 2010 18:19:11
Message: <4be8865f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/2010 1:06 AM, Invisible wrote:
> I believe the quotation you're searching for is "history is written by
> the victors".
>
> I'd say that most history I've read is pretty accurate - but it would be
> more truthful to say that most history I've read is so mind-numbingly
> boring that I couldn't actually give a **** whether it's accurate or
> not. ;-)
There is that too. But, mostly, in the US, if you print *facts* about
what the other side saw happen to them, or what took place that wasn't
mentioned in dear old granddad's, or just dad's history books, its
"revisionism". Removing say.. Thomas Jefferson from history books, to
replace him with St. Thomas Aquinas, on the other hand, is seen as
"fixing" a deficit in US history, and upholding its "Christian"
heritage... >>head -> desk<<

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {