POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 May 2010 18:15:30
Message: <4be88582@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/2010 10:10 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Yeah. Like I said, I read Darwin's Black Box, there some guy claims that
>>> since the molecular biology of the cell is really complicated, this
>>> *proves* that it was designed by an intelligent being, and this is a
>>> really exciting scientific discovery that we should all be looking into.
>>> And I'm sitting there reading this book thinking "OMG, WTF???!"
>>>
>> Most people put it in either the humor, or religion, section. Behe is
>> a complete hack.
>
> I remember just sitting there in utter astonishment that somebody could
> actually write this stuff and expect to be taken seriously. Or that
> anybody would be willing to print it, for that matter. WTF?
>
> The most worrying part is that this guy is apparently a scientist. He
> actually works for somebody studying molecular biology. (Or so he
> claims. In retrospect, I have to wonder if it's actually true...)

No. He is a mathematician, and a bad one, who works for some hack at the
Discovery Institute, who probably got *his* science degree from some
place like Liberty University, or the like. Alternatively, it might have
been from a legitimate institution, but they where one of the clowns
that managed to put out a final thesis that is 100% based on what they
learned in class, thus appearing to understand the material, while,
never the less, rejecting 100% of the conclusions, including the ones
they put in their own final paper. This has, unfortunately, happened a
few times in recent years...

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {