POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render Priority : Re: Render Priority Server Time
7 Jul 2024 05:34:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Priority
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2010 10:40:36
Message: <4be81ae4$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
>  Usually it's the responsibility of the operating system to offer the user
> the means to set process priorities. It doesn't make much sense for each
> individual program to have to do that.
>
>  Now, I don't know if Windows offers the means for a user to raise or
> lower
> process priorities, but I would be quite surprised if it didn't. (I have
> only
> used XP and not the newer ones, but I must admit I don't remember now if
> there
> was a way to do this in XP. I would guess there is a way to do this in
> Vista
> and Windows7.)

I find the discussion in this thread rather interesting because I wonder now
why there is a Render Priority *button* at all, in POV for Windows.... :-)
well, at least in 3.7, because in 3.6 and earlier I had the definite
impression that it worked just fine...

Thomas