POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render Priority : Re: Render Priority Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Priority
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2010 03:12:48
Message: <4be7b1f0$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> schreef in bericht
> On 05/09/2010 08:55 PM, Warp wrote:
>> In Unix-type systems you simple start povray with 'nice' (or renice it
>> afterwards with 'renice' or with 'top').
>>

>   I never needed to renice povray... when my CPU it's at 100% tracing a
> scene, I barely notice it on my regular work. In fact, I sometimes forget
> that there is a scene rendering into another desktop (usually I remember
> about it when I just clicked on the "shutdown" button... :).

I agree with you, as long as this is 3.6 or megapov and with Render Priority
set to normal or low. However, with 3.7 my experience is that all other
applications are severely hampered during render, whatever the Render
Priority setting. Using WinXP on a dual core by the way.

Thomas