POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 May 2010 17:30:19
Message: <4be7296b@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2010 9:05 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Sure. But if you read something in a book, there is a high probability
>> that it has some basis in fact.
>
> Depends on the book, I think. Scholastic textbook? Maybe.

 From which state? Lot of revisionist history, politically motivated
"adjustments" to try to salve to feelings of people that are offended by
the very idea that some things may be true (Evolution), and even basic
cultural biases. We *try* to make sure facts get in them, but,
unfortunately, no one is asking qualified historians, real scientists,
... economists that have actually been *right*, etc., to approve the
final results, make any final changes, or, sometimes, even write the
original draft. Its people elected by the local "tribe" the do that. And
if the tribe in question is, lets say, right wing,
Libertarian-Conservative, Southern, "we will rise again", Evangelical,
anti-Darwin, etc. ... You can guess the result.

It can get pretty bad, which is why so many people are worried about the
clowns in Texas, who end up buying more, in a single batch, or
something, text books that any other state every year, thus tending to
"push" what ever their current quirks and biases are into the ones
everyone else uses too.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {