POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render Priority : Re: Render Priority Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Priority
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 9 May 2010 15:35:20
Message: <4be70e78$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/09/2010 08:55 PM, Warp wrote:
> In Unix-type systems you simple start povray with 'nice' (or renice it
> afterwards with 'renice' or with 'top').

   I never needed to renice povray... when my CPU it's at 100% tracing a
scene, I barely notice it on my regular work. In fact, I sometimes forget
that there is a scene rendering into another desktop (usually I remember
about it when I just clicked on the "shutdown" button... :).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org