POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render Priority : Re: Render Priority Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Priority
From: Warp
Date: 9 May 2010 14:58:35
Message: <4be705db@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tDOTdegroot@interdotnlanotherdotnet> wrote:
> I seem to remember that Render Priority was switched off during developement
> of the betas. If so, it would be nice if this was switched on again now.
> Whatever the selection (low, normal, high) the render seems to take up the
> full 100% cpu.

  Btw, I'm curious to know why you wouldn't want POV-Ray taking all the
available CPU.

  The only thing I can think of is if you are suffering from overheating
problems and you want the CPU to be eg. at 50% at maximum in order for it
to not to overheat.

  (If what you want is that other tasks get more CPU than POV-Ray, rather
than the OS distributing the CPU evenly, that's the OS's problem, not
POV-Ray's. In most modern OS's you can set process priorities on a
per-process basis.)

--
                                                          - Warp