POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this : Re: The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last line totally sells this
From: Darren New
Date: 9 May 2010 14:25:19
Message: <4be6fe0f@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Unfortunately, *I* was doing a computing degree, where almost anything
> in any published book is out of date a very long time before the book
> has even been printed.

That doesn't mean it's wrong. That just means it's out of date.

I was referring more like fiction books, religious books, etc.

I ran across on my bookshelf a college textbook (copyright 1974) named
something like "Mathematics of Computer Graphics."  All the math was still
spot-on, but it was amusing to look at (for example) a bank of
potentiometers labeled "typical graphical input device", and a teletype
shown as "low cost graphics output" next to an ASCII art sine wave.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid