POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
6 Jul 2024 08:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: clipka
Date: 8 May 2010 03:33:55
Message: <4be513e3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.05.2010 07:43, schrieb Warp:

>    I don't know why anyone would want to use anything else than what 3.6 did,
> but even if more options are made available, the 3.6 way should definitely
> be the default, as it's the most useful and it's what people expect.

One could argue that e.g. sky spheres should show up in the background,
to allow for rendering opaque clouds against an otherwise transparent
background.

I've also found that 3.6 is /not/ doing it right either (at least with
regard to PNG), as it premultiplies alpha. Maybe 3.5 had that right, and
people complained about /that/ change?