POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Memory crash under Debian Sidux : Re: Memory crash under Debian Sidux Server Time
10 May 2024 03:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory crash under Debian Sidux
From: clipka
Date: 7 May 2010 14:03:06
Message: <4be455da$1@news.povray.org>

> But could it be that with my installation of POV-Ray, usage of swap is
> somehow disabled?

Unless you disabled swap altogether in your OS, I can't imagine how that
should happen.

(...thinks...)

Then again, maybe I'm wrong with the assumption that available memory =
physical memory + swap memory; if linux keeps space reserved on the swap
partition for every page that is currently kept in physical memory, then
2 GB might indeed be just a bit too small.