POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 7 May 2010 12:15:40
Message: <4be43cac@news.povray.org>
> However, I wouldn't say "free speech is whatever you want to say wherever."

  When I said that, I was not referring to the physical act of making sounds
with your mouth. What I meant is that freedom of speech means that you can
express your *opinion*, very especially about things like politics (eg. to
criticize the government), without impediments. It doesn't mean that it
gives you the right to eg. trespass private property: It means that wherever
you are allowed normally to talk and express your opinions, you are allowed
to express *any* opinions, including critique.

  The "free speech zone" contradicts this notion because it limits
demonstrations of critical opinions to only certain areas, while in the
rest of public areas you can present any non-critical view you want, even
visible ones (such as waving flags for support/cheering, etc.)

--
                                                          - Warp