POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 7 May 2010 12:03:19
Message: <4be439c7$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> As for it being hypocritical I'll leave that up to an American to answer.

Yes, it's hypocritical to a large extent, along with the "free speech
permits" some places try to enforce.

However, I wouldn't say "free speech is whatever you want to say wherever."
You don't have free speech during a movie in a theater, and you don't get to
stand outside my house with a bull horn shouting that all sinners are going
to hell at all hours of the night, and you don't get to exercise your right
to free speech standing in the middle of the freeway (altho people have done
that too).

The "free" part is the content.  You don't get to stand outside my house
with a bull horn telling everyone how nice I am at all hours of the night
either.

It really only became a problem recently because the concept is getting
abused now, because the government currently sucks so bad.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid