POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 6 May 2010 15:08:48
Message: <4be313c0@news.povray.org>
> It is - applied here in the US to decision making, we call it "reverse
> discrimination" (which in some ways I think is kinda a stupid term,
> because it's still discrimination, though I understand what's meant by
> it).

  I think "reverse discrimination" is the idea that two wrongs can make
a right. Which I think is a bad idea in the long run. Do enough "reverse
discrimination" and you will only cause more animosity between people,
as some people will feel that others are getting privileges, not to talk
about the hypocrisy ("all people are equal and should have equal rights
and privileges, but we are giving this group of people extra privileges").

--
                                                          - Warp