POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 May 2010 13:33:39
Message: <4be2fd73$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 06 May 2010 08:16:58 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 5/5/2010 5:35 AM, scott wrote:
> Wedding photogs are another group of pro's that some will do jpeg rather
> than raw, simply because they want a ton of images.

That's not strictly true - I know a couple guys who do wedding photos and
do their captures in raw format.  They just bring several large memory
cards with them so they can capture lots of images.

Though I suppose it depends on what they're photographing at the wedding;
if it's the lucky couple, then raw is probably  more commonly used than,
say, photos of guests at the reception.

> Though most that don't have high volumes of images prefer raw. I prefer
> raw simply because I'm a control freak.

Same here.