POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 May 2010 09:18:52
Message: <4be2c1bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/5/2010 5:35 AM, scott wrote:

> They looked decent enough to me! And typically pros will not let the
> camera do *any* processing, and import the raw sensor data to their
> computer for manual colour, sharpness and exposure control.

Some do, some don't. I know one pro who does motorsport shooting and
never uses raw images. He wants to cram as many exposures onto his flash
card as he can, and generally knows how to nail the exposure and white
balance in-camera so he has hardly any post process to do on the image.

Wedding photogs are another group of pro's that some will do jpeg rather
than raw, simply because they want a ton of images.

Though most that don't have high volumes of images prefer raw. I prefer
raw simply because I'm a control freak.

--
~Mike