POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: somebody
Date: 6 May 2010 07:13:17
Message: <4be2a44d@news.povray.org>
news:4be27992@news.povray.org...

> >> While it *is* truly amazing - to the point of being frightening - the
> >> thing I can't figure out is how a normal human manages to get near a
> >> copy of Photoshop in the first place. Last time I checked, it's
> >> jaw-droppingly expensive...

> > It's less than pocket change for individuals or businesses doing actual
work
> > with it, as far as tools go.

> Sure. I can believe that. It's just that _for an individual_ it's
> exorbitantly expensive.
> (But then, it's not designed for individuals...)

Yes, that's the bottomline; it's a professional application for
professionals. Average home user has a lot of other choices that should
satisfy their needs for free or for a few bucks at most. Unfortunately,
piracy of it is beyond critical mass, so everyone thinks of Photoshop when
all they need to is crop a couple of pictures, which encourages them to
pirate it, fueling the fire.